Activities & News
- The fourth EIWO webinar "Late working life - still an issue within the agenda for the Swedish EU presidency 2023?" took place on Zoom.
- The EIWO Project 5 comparative report building on the individual country reports from all 4 EIWO countries is now available for download.
- The year started with another EIWO Policy Advisory Committee Meeting. We are very thankful to our committee for their comments and feedback, which is essential when it comes to generating relevant policy impact.
- See the 'Publications' section of this website for our most recent EIWO Working Papers.
- We are happy to announce another successful webinar! This time the topic was "Pluralization, in homogenization, adult learning and education – new life courses, prolonged work and beyond". See our 'Webinar' page for more information and the Youtube link.
- Our EIWO webinar series continued with a webinar on "Inequality and new exclusion risks by prolonged work – awareness and consequences". Thank you very much to all speakers and participants for such a stimulating input and discussion! If you missed the webinar, you find the Youtube link on our EIWO website.
- The first webinar in the EIWO webinar series was a success! A large audience joined us on Zoom to participate in the webinar on "Policies towards extended working life in ageing Europe – actors, arenas and measures". See the "Webinar" section of our homepage for more information on presenters and a Youtube link.
- We had another successful international EIWO team meeting after the summer break. International team meetings are still taking place once per month.
- We are happy to announce that even the German country report for EIWO project 5 is now available for download on this EIWO website.
- EIWO is represented with a symposium "Exclusion and Inequality Risks in Prolonged Late Working Life" in the 25th Nordic Congress of Gerontology.
- Please see the 'Publication' site on this webpage for our 2 most recently published EIWO Working Papers.
- At the end of May our EIWO Programme Policy Advisory Committee Meeting took place. Updates from the research team were followed by stimulating discussions and insightful comments from our Policy Advisory Committee. Thank you very much for your feedback!
- We are happy to announce that our first EIWO Working Paper (EIWO's theoretical perspectives) is available on the EIWO Website now.
- EIWO had the next fruitful Project Meeting (4th) with the whole EIWO-Team via Zoom.
- And we welcome another new team members to EIWO. Welcome Nehle Penning, she will be working at TU Dortmund, Germany and welcome Rachel Crossdale who is joining the Sheffield Team.
- We welcome our new member Wiebke Schmitz to the EIWO project team. She will be working out of the University of Vechta, Germany. Welcome Wiebke, hope you have a great start!
- We had our second Policy Advisory Committee meeting for discussing our next steps in the project. Thank you to our Committee Members for the helpful input.
- We had a great 3rd Project Meeting with the whole EIWO-Team via Zoom. Really good discussions albeith the distance...!
- We had a successful 2nd project meeting (online) with the participation of our advisory board members. Thank you all for the great input and good discussion.
- We welcome our newest member Indre Genelyte to the EIWO project team. She will be working out of Linköping University. Welcome Indre, we are happy to have you!
- Symposium accepted: The EIWO Project will be at the 25th Nordic Congress of Gerontology in Reykjavik, Island (postponed to 2021)
- A new Blog Post by Liam Foster on the Project was published on the SPERI website at the University of Sheffield
- An newspaper article on the EIWO Project was published in the Oldenburgischen Volkszeitung [in German]
- We had a successful kick-off meeting for the EIWO Project in Bremen, Germany [pictures below]